Lonely Planet's Experience Provence & the Cote d'Azur travel guide reveals exciting new ways to explore this iconic destination with one-of-a-kind adventures at every turn. Dine at sunset in idyllic Saignon, beach chill in St-Tropez, enjoy opera in Orange's Roman theatre - using our local experts and planning tools to create your own unique trip.
Inside Lonely Planet's Experience Provence & the Cote d'Azur:
- Local experts share their love for the real Provence & the Cote d'Azur, offering fresh perspectives into the region's traditions, values and modern trends to make your travel experience even more meaningful
- In the know tips to help you build on your experiences when visiting well-known sights and landmarks
- Fun insights that will pique your curiosity and take you to the heart of the place - discover a melting pot of local life along Marseille's alluring coastal road 'La corniche'; celebrate must-visit fetes votives in villages throughout the region and party with locals; enjoy a walk in the Massif des Maures and watch cork being harvested
- Insider scoop on the best festivals, secret hangouts, hidden locations, tantalising local food scene and photo-worthy views
- Handy seasonal trip planner to guide you on where to go, when to travel and what to pack
- Practical information on money, getting around, unique and local ways to stay, and responsible travel
- Comprehensive selection of maps throughout and beautiful full-colour photography to inspire you as you plan your unforgettable journey
- Covers Nice, The Cote d'Azur, Monaco, St-Tropez & the Var, Marseille, Cassis, The Camargue, Avignon & Around, The Luberon, Alpes-de-Haute-Provence
- Lonely Planet's Experience Provence & the Cote d'Azur is an essential travel guide for all explorers looking to immerse themselves in the region's culture. Each book within the Experience series contains handy trip building tools so that you can take your pick of the must-see attractions and activities as suggested by our local experts - and create your own dream travel itinerary to get away from the everyday. Unlock even more travel secrets using the QR codes throughout each guide and discover story-worthy travel moments that you'll never forget.
About Lonely Planet:
Lonely Planet, a Red Ventures Company, is the world's number one travel guidebook brand. Providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973, Lonely Planet reaches hundreds of millions of travellers each year online and in print and helps them unlock amazing experiences. Visit us at lonelyplanet.com and join our community of followers on Facebook (facebook.com/lonelyplanet), Twitter (@lonelyplanet), Instagram (instagram.com/lonelyplanet), and TikTok (@lonelyplanet).
"...these new Experience guides from Lonely Planet are irresistibly attractive." - The Washington Post Book Club
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)