Lonely Planet Guatemala is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Visit Tika's monumental restored temples, learn to speak Spanish while admiring picture-postcard vistas in Antigua or hike Lago de Atitlan's lakeshore trails -all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Guatemala and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Guatemala Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - ancient Maya heritage, history, religion, education, sport, wildlife, literature, painting, music, architecture, handicrafts, environmental issues, cuisine, coffee
- Covers Guatemala City, Antigua, Lago de Atitlan, Quiche, Baja Verapaz, Alta Verapaz, Copan (Honduras), El Peten, Tikal, El Mirador, Chichicastenango, Quetzaltenango, Nebaj and more
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Guatemala, our most comprehensive guide to the country, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travelers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.